Ancient Studies Majors learn how to:
- translate Greek and/or Latin texts and understand their literary contexts
- identify important Greek and Roman myths, legends, and stories
- describe and analyze basic elements of the history, society, and material culture of the Greeks, Romans, and other ancient peoples.
- evaluate sources of information about people of the past.
- develop a thesis about an ancient culture, and support it with primary and secondary sources in oral and/or written presentations.